Ernst Plischke (1903–1992) studied in Vienna at the Kunstgewerbeschule under Oskar Strnad (1919–23), before switching to Peter Behrens’ masterclass at the Akademie der bildenden Künste (1923–26). He then worked briefly for Behrens, but founded his own atelier in 1928. At the Vienna Werkbund Estate, he contributed houses nos. 35–36, and was also responsible for the interior of house no. 35. He emigrated to New Zealand in 1939, where he established an atelier in 1948. Having returned to Austria, he occupied various positions at the Akademie der bildenden Künste in Vienna between 1963 and 1973. Plischke was one of the most assertively modernist architects Austria ever produced.