Julius Jirasek (1896–1965) studied in Vienna under Josef Frank and Oskar Strnad at the Kunstgewerbeschule in 1914–15 and again, following military service and captivity, in 1922–26. He then devoted himself to the design of flats, business premises, and furnishings. He worked for the Werkstätten Hagenauer from 1930 to 1960, where he was responsible for furnishings and, above all, utensils. According to current knowledge, his two houses (nos. 33–34) at the Vienna Werkbund Estate represent his only realised building project. Jirasek’s furniture and designs for objects such as door handles and lamps found wide usage particularly in the post-war period.