Max Fellerer (1889–1957) trained in Vienna at the Technische Hochschule under Karl König and at the Akademie der bildenden Künste under Otto Wagner. Whilst still a student, he began working for Josef Hoffmann’s atelier and for the Wiener Werkstätte, later becoming Hoffmann’s head architect. Following his activity at the Akademie and as head architect of Clemens Holzmeister’s atelier, he became director of the Kunstgewerbeschule in Vienna in 1934. Having been removed from his post by the National Socialist regime in 1938, he was president of the Kunstgewerbeschule in 1946–54. Fellerer, who was in partnership with Eugen Wörle from 1934 to 1957, was among the most influential figures of Viennese post-war architecture.