Pierre Pinsard (1906–88) studied at the École des Arts Décoratifs in Paris. Following a spell as an interior designer for the ‘Grands Magasins du Printemps’ in Paris, he started to work for André Lurçat. At the Vienna Werkbund Estate, he and Marcel Roux were responsible for furnishing house no. 26 by Lurçat. After the Second World War, Pinsard concentrated primarily on sacred art and architecture.