Leonie Pilewski (Karlsson)
Leonie Pilewski (Karlsson) (1897–1992) was, in 1915–17, the first woman to study at the Faculty for Mechanical Engineering at the Technische Hochschule in Vienna. In 1917–22, she continued her training at the Technische Hochschule in Darmstadt (studying architecture from 1918). Subsequently she was active in Vienna, Moscow, Arosa, Haifa, and Stockholm. At the Vienna Werkbund Estate, she furnished house no. 1 by Hugo Häring.