Deutsch

Rudolf H. Trostler

(no photo available)

Rudolf H. Trostler

Rudolf H. Trostler (1908–1999) studied at the Kunstgewerbeschule in Vienna under Franz Cizek (from 1925) and Oskar Strnad (1926–29). After working in Strnad’s atelier, he became architectural director and a partner at his parents’ firm, the cabinet-makers Matro-Möbel, but then set up his own practice two years later. At the Vienna Werkbund Estate, he furnished house no. 47 by Richard Neutra. Trostler emigrated to Tel Aviv in 1938 and then moved on to Jerusalem in 1939, initially working in the planning of public buildings, before becoming head engineer to the British army in 1942. In 1945, he founded the Cooperative for Architectural Planning and Engineering, which specialised in industrial buildings; he became its sole director in 1959.