Marcel Roux (1909–?) studied at the Institut d’Urbanisme of the University of Paris. At the Vienna Werkbund Estate, he and Pierre Pinsard furnished house no. 26 by André Lurçat. In the 1930s, he worked for Henri Prost on the planned development of Paris. He later became director of the Department for City Planning of the provisional government in Algiers (1944) and then director of the Department for Reconstruction and Urban Planning of the military government in Saarland (1945). Roux had his own atelier in Paris, and was on the editorial committee of the specialist journal L’Architecture d’Aujourd’hui. He attended the Congrès Internationaux d’Architecture Moderne (CIAM), and was a representative of the functionalist movement.